Thursday 15 March 2018

Terrace Day 2


Progress after day 2
                   


 A closer image to show why I think the top surface layer (1" or so) of concrete may to come up




Again here. Note the lump on the right that was already loose before I started. Water seepage over many years and frost damage I suspect.
There are quite a few long straight cracks in the surface of concrete. Some delineate the various phases of construction. Those spider type cracks are where I walloped the still stuck tiles with a sledge hammer with a view to loosening them. This turns out to be counter productive as the unwalloped tiles were much easier to lift up, many in one piece.
When I have lifted up half of the tiles I will invite the builder back for a further assessment. I also have the steps from the drive to the garden to do. And dismantle the trellis at the far end.

No comments:

Post a Comment