Sunday 2 October 2016

Sleepers

The sleepers holding down the plastic are HEAVY. It is a much as I can do to drag one using the point of the mattock wacked into the end. These 2 are about 2/3rds full length. I will use them later around the vegetable beds.


The two full size ones, just over 100" long, I thought would be easier to move if I cut them in half. So I dragged them over the small wall that surrounds the veg plot and attacked them with the chain saw.





I them dragged them back over the plastic ready to be shifted again when the whole things come down.

I want to leave it up as long as possible to let the remaining tomatoes ripen and keep the soil mud free in case of rain.

The water butt had also been emptied and moved out of the way. The new green house well enable us to collect the water from the roof, something that is impossible to do with the poly tunnel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment